Monday, 14 January 2013

Wildguides reviews

Today we published two new reviews from the Wildguides series, these two are on sepcies from the Masai Mara (as opposed to the recent UK only guides). They are:


As a photographer I enjoy photographic ID guides for their aesthetic appeal. As a wildlife watcher I prefer my bird books to be drawings (I find where subtleties are involved a drawing can show them better), but other wildlife (mammals, butterflies, insects etc) I quite like photographic guides as they offer more realistic colours.  


From a photographers point of view the images used in the book are stunning (also the case from a birders point of view) and for some may be reason enough to visit the book (if not purchase it).

Both are photographic field guides, and make for interesting viewing.